Sunday, March 14, 2010

Part 2 of 7 seasons of loneliness

Good Lord!! Wouldn't know I am so many light years away from updating my blog.. LOL.. I almost gave up this morning to continue the 7 part series.. but then.. well.. what is done is done... no point giving up (we'll get to Sloth...) but for now.....
 
Avarice

This 1 is really hard to turn away from.. It definitely will be what any sane person will wish for, at least what I openly wished for.. It feeds all of my other desire for being a sloth, a glutton, a prideful, a greedy and a lustful person..

Think of all the places I can visit, all the old buildings I can touch and marvel at, the museums, art galleries, all the cultures to be in awe with, the crafts and handiworks, the fiestas and carnivals, the food, the languages, all the work I can skip, all the frocks, the scarves, the accessories, the stilettos I could finally afford, the many Lancome lipglosses.. the eyebrow plucking sessions, mani and pedi, waxing trips and finally daring myself to massages too..

(Sometimes it is nice to fantasize that your papa or grandpapa is Uncle Lim or Uncle Yeoh or Uncle Robert... BRB, let me fantasize a bit ah~ *holding chin up then followed by a heavy sigh* )

Then after all this material accumulation, you woke up 1 fine day.. that you've turned into this braggy, prideful person, marvelling at everything to everyone.. then.. booom... another season of loneliness..


I used to buy brands.. used to marvel at Fashion TV while growing up and mind you, I am and came from financially poor background (and am still financially poor).. but for me that every single piece is a creation.. it is a.. WOW

Now, all grown up (and no dime to spare), god willing (if you drop money for me, I will be a believer) if I ever own any label, it would just be due to the quality, design, colour that just speaks to me... that made it worthwhile for me to linger, smell, feel and allow it's senses to wrap me and lure me into the purchase (Remember the movie Shopaholic when the mannequins talked to that girl??)

(Pssstttt..... Should you ever, ever, feel generous enough to offer me gifts such as those on my list above, I would still be very very very very happy to accept it.. MUAHAHAHAHAHA!)

P/S : I am not a Shopaholic. I am just a mere Window Shopaholic....

No comments:

Post a Comment