Monday, February 15, 2010

Do you remember?

A friend of mine posted a note on her high school crush and it got me thinking about mine.. mmmmmm...

I think that is always the fun part of being in school.. and of course making new friends, making the teacher pissed off... lol

I remember the day I met her... K was her surname.. I always wonder why many girls, especially in our school are crazy about her (she didn't do anything to call for such attention but she got it, haha and was quite embarrassed by the whole attention lavished on her).. I really don't get it, back then..

By the 2nd or 3rd year of high school, we were classmates. We have the school's charity organization called 'Good Neighbours'. They sell items for festive seasons to raise money to help our school's students who are financially challenged (I was one of the beneficiary). Every single celebration, be it CNY, Val's Day or Mother's Day & the likes, her desk will be full of those gifts.. sent by admirers... full until they spill..

I had the opportunity to befriend her.. lol.. we did several projects together.. especially fashion shows.. she is always the man.. and she has the best walk, best swagger down the aisle, hands down! her swagger *sigh* thinking about her always made me chuckle/gave me a silly grin and feeling like I am back in school with her again..

Our school is quite cool, we have PERBAMA & LITSOC. Every week we have an activity of some sort, sketch, fashion show, dance competition, poem and what not.. I remember once we did a sketch. I played the promiscuous role.. (life imitates art or art imitates life.. I wonder.. haha!) I got pregnant and was shunned by society... I know it's a bit too moralistic but we were 14 - 15 yrs old.. come on! There's 1 particular sketch by our other schoolmate which is hilarious but that's another story for another time..

After that, K & J (another classmate, who happened to attend the same primary as me but in afternoon session, mine was morning) teased me so much about me losing my virginity in the sketch till I cried (I am a crybaby, even worse then.. but come on, virginity issue was BIIIIIIIIIIG back then.. hahaha!) and of course i merajuk la! LOL.. (remember, 14 - 15 yo)

So i ceased to ignore her until K can't stand it and finally pujuk me.. by then I had actually developed a crush on her. always think that she is so handsome and so beautiful and so so so... and she has really beautiful strength and heart for a person....playful and cheeky too, i might add.. (yes, quite the perfect 1) hehehehehe!

Since I am an avid reader and was a big fan of R.L. Stine's Fear Street (she was too, so she always lend me books.. lucky me!) so she proceeded to 'bribe' me with the new books so I'd talk to her, 'choi' her again.. Like a sucker, I took it! hahaha!! And because of that, we got teased and rumor has it that we are actually together.. lol..(i was of course secretly delighted with that.. hahahahah!)

About 10 or 11 yrs ago I saw her in her dad's shop.. and she still looked the same, albeit a little more shy with me than I ever recalled..I have not seen her ever since.. Funny how we always remember the 1st crush and how it shaped our wants and needs/requirements that we want in our future partners too..

This story still make me chuckle after 15 - 16 yrs now.. It is such a nice thing to travel back in time, back inside memory lane.. do you want to share a story about your high school crush too?

No comments:

Post a Comment