Thursday, May 7, 2009

Reminder : Friendship

I was out for lunch yesterday with another bestie of mine.. setting was normal (Japanese food that we both love!!) We were talking and it became apparent that 1 thing can make or break a friendship..

What is it?? hmm...let's put it this way~

2 of my best friend..worried to death that I'll be thinking too many depressing thoughts decided to haul me out on Monday for lunch & other activities..keeping me busy, so to say. I asked 1 to not tell me what I should do because I am not in the right mind to do it & I rejected another's offer for lunch + outing & went out with another jimui of mine..

Needless to say, I have let my 2nd friend down that day because she has been keeping herself available for me & was a little disappointed that I didn't even ask her to join me & my jimui.

The moral of my story is.. HONESTY (you must be puzzled by now)

Despite my not so tactful rejections of my friends, my 2nd friend appreciated the fact that I honestly informed her that I am going out with someone else after rejecting her offer instead of creeping behind her back...

As we sat there eating & talking and reach a higher understanding of our morales & principals.. she tried expressing what she had felt on that particular moment and I try to explain in my best way so she understand what state of mind I was in and hence the rejection of her offers.. This is what a real friend is... they listen, they understand and they care!

Also, we have discovered that we might not fully know all our friends including our besties in & out but we love them anyways for what we know and what we accept..

Thank you 'triple 2' for coming out for lunch.... here's some mock questions that might come in handy when you doubt if any love exist at all...

Do you love your family?
Do you tell your friends the good, sweet, memorable stuff when it happened with your family?
Do you bitch when you felt hurt by your family?

If your answer is yes, no, yes.. you are only human..and being human you sometimes wanna be selfish and keep the good stuff with you because then you can take a piece of it each time & savour it..without sharing with anyone at all~

And that is what I did exactly with the memory of my baby....Thank you everyone for your love, strength & support!

No comments:

Post a Comment